Solidarity with Palestinian and Lebanese people
Joint statement by communist and workers' parties
We strongly condemn all aggressive acts by the Israeli army in Gaza and Lebanon with tragically consequences for the live of the Palestinian, Lebanese and Israeli people but also for people from other countries.
We reject and condemn the blames and threats by U.S and Israeli government addressed toward Syria and Iran and against other countries of the region. These threats reveal that the real aggressive and expansive force in the region is Israel.
We strongly protest the US policy which encourages the Israeli aggressiveness. We reject the hypocrisy shown by the G8 leaders and the "equal distance" policy pursued today by certain forces.
We are highly concerned about and warn of the great dangers for a general spread of the crisis in the Middle East, for a new civil war and for a massive imperialist intervention in Lebanon under the pretext of "peace building measures".
The bombings against Lebanon follow the fierce offensive in the Gaza Strip, the kidnapping of Palestinian political figures, the attempt to eliminate the Palestinian National Authority, to destroy the infrastructure and to sink the Palestinian society into a state of chaos.
The raids in Gaza and Lebanon constitute new steps of the "Greater Middle East" US and NATO policy which is directed against the legitimate rights of the peoples, the popular resistance, the progressive and peace loving forces.
The Israeli government, the only military nuclear power in the region, demonstratively ignores UN Security Council resolutions, violates agreements with the Palestinian Liberation Organization, undermines the agreements by the Palestinian organizations regarding the creation of an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel, and rejects the ceasefire proposals. It is also in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention, an international law that prohibits collective punishment, "targeted" assassinations, and destruction of the infrastructure of an occupied territory.
We call upon all peace loving forces to strengthen their solidarity with the Palestinian and Lebanese peoples, with the progressive forces fighting for peace in Israel and to intensify the struggle for a political solution based on:
- The immediate cessation of the attacks and withdrawal of the Israeli army.
- The respect of national sovereignty and territorial integrity against any imperialist intervention under any pretext.
- The immediate release of the political prisoners.
- The complete dismantling of the settlements and withdrawal of the Israeli army from the territories occupied in 1967, the establishment of a Palestinian state (Gaza Strip and the West Bank) with its capital in East Jerusalem, alongside Israel. The solution of the refugee question. The return of all Palestinian refugees should be based on the resolution of UN Security Council No. 194 and according also to the other UN resolutions.
- Only pulling out Israeli soldiers from Gaza and Lebanon and a just and viable peace would put an end to the bloodshed and guarantee the security for all peoples of the Middle East.
20 July 2006
- Communist Party of Albania
- Communist Party of Australia
- Communist Party of Belarus
- Workers' Party of Belgium
- Communist Party of Brazil
- Communist Party of Britain
- New Communist Party of Britain
- Workers' Communist Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Communist Party of Bulgaria
- Party of Bulgarian Communists (former Bulgarian Communist Party "Georgi Dimitrov")
- Communist Party of Canada
- Communist Party of Chile
- Communist Party of Cuba
- Communist Party of Bohemia & Moravia
- AKEL, Cyprus
- Communist Party in Denmark
- Communist Party of Denmark
- Communist Party of Equador
- Communist Party of Estonia
- Communist Party of Finland
- Unified Communist Party of Georgia
- German Communist Party
- Communist Party of Greece
- Communist Party of Ireland
- Workers' Party of Ireland
- Communist Party of Israel
- Socialist Party of Latvia
- Lebanese Communist Party
- Socialist Party of Lithuania
- Communist Party of Luxembourg
- Communist Party of Malta
- Party of the Communists, Mexico
- Popular Socialist Party of Mexico
- New Communist Party of the Netherlands
- Palestinian People's Party
- Portuguese Communist Party
- Communist Party of Romania
- Communist Party of the Russian Federation
- Communist Party of the Soviet Union
- Russian Communist Working Party - Russian Party of Communists
- New Communist Party of Serbia & Montenegro
- Communist Party of Slovakia
- Communist Party of Peoples of Spain
- Sudanese Communist Party
- Syrian Communist Party
- Syrian Communist Party
- Communist Party of Turkey
- The Party of Labour, EMEP, Turkey
- Communist Party of the Ukraine
- Union of Communists of Ukraine
- Communist Party, USA